750 ml Bottle of Grain Alcohol 1.5 L Bottle of Port Wine
1 quart distilled water
100 shelled almonds (raw)
1 generous cup raisins
1 generous cup prunes
4 sticks of cinnamon (broken in half)
2 – 3 pods worth of cardamom seeds
2 ½ cups sugar
- Boil water, sugar, fruits and spices for 20 minutes (slowly) in a large soup pot.
- Add wine (saving the bottle), then cover and boil for 15 minutes.
- Add grain alcohol (saving the bottle), and return the mix to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Ignite with match, and “cook” for a minute or more to reduce alcohol content to your preference.
- Cover pot to extinguish flame.
- Sample, and repeat steps 5 and 6, if desired.
- Strain the mixture into the bottles from the wine and alcohol.
Makes enough to fill the bottles from the grain alcohol and wine (about 2.25 liters, or not quite 2.5 quarts). The raisins, prunes and almonds are very good…
Importance of Glogg for Mobileers:
Due to the rigorous life-style of the typical Mobileer, the availablilty of a supply of Glogg is impertive. For the CW operator, it smooths out the sending process, while the receiving capability is augmented many times.
In addition it becomes a systemic antidote for field ticks and the tendencyj to brag about recent DX achievments. Glogg is good for what ails you, especially old age.
Thanks to Neil, WA9FTU for providing this recipe and copious amounts for tasting at the recent Mobileers party.